To provide Outreach sessions and Hard Hat Tours
Hounslow Council are looking for volunteers to support Outreach sessions and Hard Hat Tours to ensure they provide memorable experiences for our community.
Completed application forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Kate Kulka, c/o Hogarth’s House, Hogarth Lane, Great West Rd, London W4 2QN
Description of the Learning Volunteer Role:
What you can expect to do in the role:
- Assist with the preparation of materials and resources for a range of sessions
- Assist session leaders during practical workshops and tours
- Interact with school groups, helping with activities and aiding understanding and development
- Support at a range of outreach sessions at different schools and community venues
- Monitor and record the numbers of participants in events and activities
- Help school adults and children complete and return evaluation forms at the end of their visit (where required)
- Occasionally help with administration of the programmes
There may be other optional opportunities, e.g. developing resources, etc.
We’re looking for people:
- Who enjoy volunteering with others in a team
- Who have good communication skills and are approachable and friendly
- Who love meeting people and who have a willingness to learn
- Who have an enthusiasm for volunteering with children and want to support their learning
- Who have a commitment to good customer service
- Who can commit to their volunteer shift
What you’ll get:
- An opportunity to volunteer alongside a range of heritage practitioners in a team
- An understanding of how to volunteer with different school audiences
- The opportunity to learn more about the local area
- Experience of volunteering in a busy and creative environment
- The opportunity to meet new people and have fun
- Up to £10 per day travel expenses
After initial training, we are looking for volunteers who are happy to commit to at least one event a month. Most events will be at schools in the Hounslow and Ealing area, as well as community venues around the Borough.
A half-day training and induction will cover all necessary information relating to the role.
On-going training, support and supervision will be available from staff and fellow volunteers throughout your volunteering experience. Applicants must be willing to sign Boston Manor House’s Volunteer Agreement and complete all training required for the role. Please note that this role requires a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check to be completed, which the council will arrange.
Closing Date: Monday 10th February 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an informal interview to discuss the role.
Like Reading Articles Like This? Help Us Produce More
This site remains committed to providing local community news and public interest journalism.
Articles such as the one above are integral to what we do. We aim to feature as much as possible on local societies, charities based in the area, fundraising efforts by residents, community-based initiatives and even helping people find missing pets.
We’ve always done that and won’t be changing, in fact we’d like to do more.
However, the readership that these stories generates is often below that needed to cover the cost of producing them. Our financial resources are limited and the local media environment is intensely competitive so there is a constraint on what we can do.
We are therefore asking our readers to consider offering financial support to these efforts. Any money given will help support community and public interest news and the expansion of our coverage in this area.
A suggested monthly payment is £8 but we would be grateful for any amount for instance if you think this site offers the equivalent value of a subscription to a daily printed newspaper you may wish to consider £20 per month. If neither of these amounts is suitable for you then contact email@example.com and we can set up an alternative. All payments are made through a secure web site.
One-off donations are also appreciated. Choose The Amount You Wish To Contribute.
If you do support us in this way we’d be interested to hear what kind of articles you would like to see more of on the site – send your suggestions to the editor.
For businesses we offer the chance to be a corporate sponsor of community content on the site. For £30 plus VAT per month you will be the designated sponsor of at least one article a month with your logo appearing if supplied. If there is a specific community group or initiative you’d like to support we can make sure your sponsorship is featured on related content for a one off payment of £50 plus VAT. All payments are made through a secure web site.
January 6, 2020