Reward Offered in Dean Tully Murder Case

CCTV stills of killers issued by police

Related Links

CCTV1 – shows two suspects entering the block of flats via a rear fire exit.

CCTV2 – shows suspects running away from the scene shortly after the incident

Second Arrest in Dean Tully Case

Crime in Brentford on the Way Down

Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the

On the fifth month anniversary, detectives investigating the murder of Dean Tully are now offering a reward of up to £20,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person(s) responsible.

They are also releasing CCTV of the suspects for the first time and further information regarding the circumstances on the night and the weapon used.

Police were called at 21.22 on 25.1.07 to a shooting at a flat in Fraser House, Green Dragon Lane, Brentford.

On arrival at the address two men were found suffering from gunshot wounds. A dog – a Staffordshire bull terrier – also received a non-fatal gunshot wound.

Dean Tully, a 37 year old labourer, of Fraser House was pronounced dead at the scene. He was the father of an 11 yr old boy.A post mortem gave cause of death as multiple gunshot wounds.

The second victim in their mid-thirties was treated at hospital and later discharged.

Police enquiries have established that the two bedroom flat was used by transient people to stay in. Nine people were in the flat when two suspects kicked their way in through the front door and opened fire, no words were spoken during the attack which lasted about 3 minutes.

It is believed that the suspects entered the block through a rear fire exit and that the premises was targeted, although there is nothing to suggest that the victims were the intended target.

The suspects - described as two black men, wearing balaclavas and dark clothing - were captured on CCTV running down Green Dragon Lane and across a railway bridge in the direction of the A4.

The weapon used in the attack has not been recovered but has been identified as an unusual hand held machine gun which may have had the barrel adapted. Officers are also keen to speak to anyone who may have information about this weapon or may know of its whereabouts.

DI Bob Campany of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command said, ""This was a horrific attack and Dean Tully had no chance to defend himself and no route of escape when he was shot. The flat was busy that night and it is a miracle that no-one else was killed. Somebody knows who has done this, or the whereabouts of the gun used and I would ask them to come forward and speak to us in the strictest of confidence. Dean's family have been left devastated by his death and we need to catch the people responsible."

Two men have been arrested in connection with the investigation but have both been bailed to return pending further enquiries.

Anyone with information should call the Incident Room on 020 8721 4165; if you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

June 26, 2007