Works Expected to Last Eight Weeks and Cause Major Disruption
Contacting Thames Water
• Customer Relations, Thames Water, PO Box 286, Swindon SN38 2RA.
• Thames Water’s Customer Centre is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 0845 641 0011. Please quote your address and reference number CAP 5 / 915253
• If you would like to know more about this work, please visit www.thameswater.co.uk/newpipes
Sign up for our free newsletter
Comment on this story on the
Thames Water is about to replace a large water main in Brentford. This work will reduce the likelihood of future bursts and associated flooding, which recently caused so much disruption to the area.
Work has already taken place in Twickenham Road, London Road, Half Acre, Boston Road, Windmill Road, Hamilton Road, New Road, Ealing Road and Netley Road.
The next phase, affecting Brentford High Street, is due to start in June and is expected to take eight weeks to complete.
Thames Water has worked closely with Hounslow Council, Transport for London (TfL) and the emergency services to minimise inconvenience. By using the latest construction techniques, Thames Water will also be able to replace most of the pipework without having to dig lengthy trenches.
However, there will be some inevitable disruption for local residents and businesses. In order to understand concerns and, where possible, address these before
starting work, Thames Water is inviting residents to a meeting:
• Date: Wednesday 25 May 2011
• Time: 10am-3pm
• Location: Mobile Publicity Unit Market Place Off Brentford High St Brentford - TW8
To carry out this work safely and in agreement with local highway authorities, traffic management systems will be put in place and there may be a need for some diversions and parking suspensions.
May 20, 2011