Police make promise to public
Police Sergeant Nathan FANE
Brentford Safer Neighbourhood Team
Brentford Police Station
Office tel: 020 82475974
Mobile tel: 07881723891
In an emergency ALWAYS dial 999
For all NON emergency calls use 0300 123 1212
If you have no mobile signal, 999 will NOT work but 112 will put you straight through to the emergency services.
Policing Pledge (pdf)
|Sign up for our free newsletter
Comment on this story on the
- "We will always treat you fairly, with dignity
and respect, ensuring that everyone has access to our service at a time that is reasonable and suitable."
- "We will work to keep you and your neighbourhood safe from harm. Each ward has a dedicated Safer Neighbourhoods team that will provide a visible police presence and will only work elsewhere if absolutely necessary. They will spend at least 80% of their time visibly working in your neighbourhood, tackling your local policing priorities."
- "We will publicise the details of your Safer Neighbourhoods team so that you know who your dedicated team is and how to contact them."
- "We will respond to every message directed to your Safer Neighbourhoods team within 24 hours."
- "We aim to answer 999 calls within 10 seconds and non-emergency calls within 30 seconds. We will always tell callers what will happen next and give an estimated time of arrival if appropriate."
- "We will respond immediately to emergencies so that we get to incidents as quickly and safely as possible – aiming
to attend within 12 minutes and much sooner if possible."
- "When responding to non-emergency cases involving vulnerable victims and witnesses or agreed neighbourhood priorities we aim to get to you within 60 minutes. (We use the word ‘vulnerable’ to describe someone who may be at risk because of their age, disability or their personal circumstances.)"
- "Alternatively, if appropriate, we will make an appointment to see you at a time that is convenient to you within 48 hours."
- "We will attend regular public meetings, at least once a month, to agree local crime and policing priorities and give updates about crime and policing issues in your area."
- "We will keep victims of crime informed about the progress of cases at least once a month."
- "We will contact people who have been involved in a road traffic collision (accident) within 10 working days."
If you feel that the police have not kept to their pledge, feel free to ring and tell them so on 020 7230 4737 or fill in the form Policing Pledge on their website.
July 21, 2009