Public invited to point out changes that are needed
The Area Forum Street Improvement Fund aim is a new Traffic and Transport fund you can apply for, through your Councillor, if you have an idea for a small improvement that could make a big difference to your street. The focus here is on targeted improvements, generally to residential streets, and ideally where there is already support from the wider community.
The deadline is 20th October, but your Councillor will need the opportunity to speak with officers regarding feasibility, so please contact them without delay to discuss whether this fund could help make your idea a reality.
Projects supported under this scheme may include:
- Small environmental improvement schemes to improve the look and amenity of the public highway
- Provision of street trees
- Enhancements to the streetscape specifically within conservation areas to enhance and protect their protected status
- Targeted measures to deal with specific neighbourhood level traffic problems such as rat running or anti-social parking through the use of traffic calming, bollards, waiting restrictions etc
- Support improved accessibility for pedestrians and mobility impaired people
- Support requests for small improvements that deal specifically with school transport issue
Roughly £20,000 are available for the area covered by the Isleworth and Brentford Area Forum.
Further details available (pdf)
October 2, 2014