Stronger Neighbourhoods Grant
Grants available to help strengthen your community
£48,750 is available to Brentford and Syon organisations who can demonstrate how they will work to achieve these outcomes:
- Increased localised, resident-led activity designed to shape local areas and enhance civic pride
- The council has a better understanding of Hounslow's communities and the important community and physical assets in the local area
- Strengthen community cohesion at a neighbourhood level providing opportunities for people from different backgrounds to come together
- Improve quality of life for residents through activities designed to address at least one of the following issues:
Grant applications will identify how they will tackle one of these issues and address why the chosen issue is of particular relevance in their area
- Improve partnership working between community groups at a local level in order to meet the above outcomes.
This fund aims to develop a network of Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations with the capacity to support resident-led activities and increase engagement in community life through an approach that builds on the assets (physical and social) within Hounslow's communities.
These organisations will work in the most deprived areas of the borough and will be an important part of the community infrastructure that allows the council (and other partners), to meet their priorities through more effective engagement and involvement with residents and smaller community groups.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 15 December. See further details and application (scroll down).
November 3, 2014