What England Means To Me
Friday 23rd April 2010
Market Place, Brentford High Street
• Hosted by Peter Gilham with performances from The London School of Music
• Helen Martin and the Brentford Belles
• Phil Martin
• Local jazz musicians
Food & Drink
• Hog roast
• Oyster and champagne bar organised by The Weir
• Traditional English food organised by The Lord Nelson
• Indian food organised by Brentford Tandoori
• Homemade cake stall with traditional Brentford rolls
• Traditional ales and soft drinks
Art & Crafts
• Local artists
• Antique valuations - Bring your items to be valued by Tom Keane of Chiswick Auctions,
Cash in the Attic and Flog It.
• Handmade jewellery stall
• Fancy dress stall
• Book stalls, including a book signing with Robert Rankin
Fun & Games
• Canoeing on canal (by Holiday Inn)
• Punch and Judy
• Cubiko game table
• Coconut game
Everyone is invited to dress up.
Theme: Knights and princesses, old England, modern England, past and present trades of Brentford, with prizes for best dressed children and grown-ups.
Organised by Brentford Business Watch, Brentford Community Council, Brentford Chamber of Commerce and Brentford High Street Steering Group.
Supported by Quilliam Property Services, The Weir, London Borough of Hounslow, and brentfordtw8.com, poster designed by ABA-design
April 16, 2010