How Well Do You Know Brentford?
Brentford May Fayre at St Paul's Recreation Ground, 12noon-4pm, FREE ENTRY
- Face Painting
- Donkey Rides
- Morris Dancing
- Tug of War
- Toy Stalls
- Barn Dancing
- Bake a Cake Competition (rules to follow)
- and much more...
How well do you know Brentford?!!
Have a go at answering these questions by visiting each place and landmark. Answers will be given out at the Fayre.
- Complete the title _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Steam Museum
- When are the 'Giants of Steam' running in August?
- What can you see from the cafe at 399, High Street?
- What are the names of the pubs at each corner of the Football Ground?
- Who laid the foundation stone at St Paul's church in 1867?
- What year did rebuilding take place at St Paulís Church?
- When was St Paulís Recreation ground opened?
- Who had the monument moved to near the County Court?
- Who fought through the High Street in 1642?
- What year was the Free Church built?
- What's the date on the girls' school?
- Who was the architect of the Library?
- When are Car Boot sales held at Boston Manor Park?
- When is the cafe open at Boston Manor Park?
- When was the Boatman's Institute built in the Butts?
- What is the name of the Lock near Brentford Bridge?
- What did the toll clerk do here?
- What cargoes were carried on the Grand Union Canal?
- How far along the canal is it to Braunston?
- When was the toll house built?
If you would like to have a stall at this event, please email for details
St Paul's Recreation Ground is to be found behind Somerfields, between Albany Road and Lateward Road
May 6, 2009