Thames Water works may affect waste and recycling services in the area, please be patient during the period of disruption in your road.
Thames Water will be carrying out works across Brentford in the coming weeks and months. Please be aware that this may cause disruption to your waste collection services, but in particular the green box Recycling Service.
If your road is closed or partially blocked by roadworks we may have difficulty accessing the road on your normal collection day. Our crews will make every effort to collect boxes on the normal day however, they may need to return the following day, or later in the week, if access is impossible. Please be patient at this time.
Please help us to collect your recycling:
- Place your box out by 7am on the day of your collection
- Make sure your box is at the edge of your property clearly visible from the road
- Put your number on your box so that it can be returned to you if it has to be taken out of the road for emptying
- If your whole road has been missed while roadworks are happening in your road, leave your box out so that we can make a collection on subsequent days
If you would prefer not to leave your recycling out while the roadworks are ongoing please remember that the recycling site at Somerfield Brentford accepts the following items for recycling:
- Tetra paks (drink cartons)
- Tins and cans
- Green glass bottles and jars
- Brown glass bottles and jars
- Clear glass bottles and jars
- Mixed plastic packaging
- Shoes and clothes
If you have any questions or problems please contact the Recycling Team firstname.lastname@example.org
November 9, 2007