Isleworth Man Seen Speeding Prior to Killing Woman

Harry Hopkins jailed for two and a half years for dangerous driving

Harry Hopkins

Sign up for our weekly Brentford newsletter

Comment on this story on the

A 27-year-old man from Isleworth has been sentenced to two and half years in jail for death by dangerous driving after he hit a female pedestrian.

Harry Hopkins of the Drive, TW7 was sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court this Monday (29 June). After pleading guilty he was also disqualified from driving for three years and three months. He must take an extended driving test before being allowed to drive again.

On 29 April, 2018 at around 3pm he had been observed speeding prior to his Ford Focus RS colliding with 44-year-old Mina Limbu at Henlys Corner at the junction of the A4 and A30 in Hounslow. Police on routine patrol arrived shortly afterwards and found her with serious injuries. Despite the efforts of paramedics and the attendance of a London’s Air Ambulance helicopter, they were unable to save her. Hopkins, who had stopped at the scene, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs and taken into custody at a west London police station.

Detective Sergeant Aaron Moon, who investigated the collision, said, “Witnesses described how Hopkins had been seen driving at speed prior the collision and that his vehicle ‘sounded like a rally car’.

“Ms Limbu was struck as she was crossing the road and as a result of her injuries, she died at the roadside. Her family has been left devastated.

“This tragic incident should serve as a reminder to every motorist that they should watch their speed and drive carefully. It only takes a matter of seconds for a routine drive home to end with serious consequences.”

Mina Limbu

Following the sentencing, Mina Limbu’s son, Sesehang Angbuhang, said, “Our mother was an honest hard working and kind woman. She is still missed, not just by us, but by all our relatives, friends, work colleagues and even people she only knew briefly.

“Growing up when my brother and I were still in secondary school, our mother would work two jobs to make ends meet. She always emphasised education to both of us. She used to always say because she never had an opportunity to get proper education growing up in Nepal she wanted us to do well in studies here. She inspired us to go to university and always supported us emotionally and financially.

“At the time of my mother’s incident, we had just been back from Nepal after attending our father’s funeral on 24th March 2018. We were already mourning the death of one parent which takes a huge toll on one’s emotional state. You can only imagine what state this incident left us emotionally.

“These past two years have been the dark and difficult times for all of us and we are still recovering from the emotional trauma this incident has caused us.”

June 29, 2020


Bookmark and Share